To produce an application to meet their clients' need for actionable insight, IntelliResponse engaged FD Solutions to work on the front end virtualization development. From mock-ups developed by user experience experts, FD wrote a single-page application using Backbone.js for application structure and employed D3.js for the visualization. In particular, the D3.js library enabled an elegant and unique approach to designing graphs by offering a series of low level building blocks that form the foundation for building complex graphs with physics-like animations. Both of these technologies offer high performance, flexibility and have a small footprint, which was a critical success factor in this project.
The result is IntelliResponse Voices, an application that displays data as a theme cloud. Voices visualizes the groups of themes as a cluster of bubbles, which can be clicked on and expanded. Each theme bubble expands to display sub-themes and provides the questions grouped by similarity in a pane along the bottom of the screen.
This program maintained simplistic infrastructure, while enabling a feature-rich visualization of the themes including:
- Filters that allow the user to find the themes most relevant to any pressing concerns
- A marquee zoom tool that allows the user to easily zoom into areas of the cloud that he or she frames with his/her cursor
- The ability to share questions with colleagues
- A star and exclude function to distill the themes to only the ones that the user wants to watch
- A built in calendar to easily select periods that a user wants to compare to identify trends in the marketplace
- Customizable appearances that change the colour theme of the bubbles.
Trusted by the world's most recognizable brands, IntelliResponse works with some of the largest organizations including CIBC Bank, ING Direct, Charter Communications, Progress Energy, Copa Airlines, Kobo Books, Penn State, Yale and Harvard University, to meet their customer experience management needs.
IntelliResponse's patented Enterprise Virtual Agent (EVA) solutions can transform corporate websites, mobile applications, social media channels, and agent desktops through an engaging virtual concierge. The virtual concierge empowers customers to ask questions using natural, conversational language and enables the client to deliver an effective and engaging online experience.